BLC succeeds with your help!
Your support not only helps each of our clients, but it also helps the community at large. When people get the benefits they are entitled to, it allows them to escape the risk and realities of homelessness and achieve stable permanent housing, gain access to necessary medical treatment, afford nutritious food, and make their own contributions to our community.
The personal costs of homelessness are immeasurable, as are the effects of homelessness on our local infrastructure. Supporting BLC supports each individual and also makes a contribution to our community as a whole.
Your contribution will be managed with integrity. The BLC board of directors meets monthly to govern the organization, provide fiscal oversight, assess strategies and create plans to achieve our mission. 95% of financial contributions go to directly funding the services we provide to clients.
- People served in 2009: 300 – Total Number of staff: 3
- People served in 2015: 1000 – Total Number of staff: 6
- People served in 2020: 1100 – Total Number of staff: 9
- People served in 2021: 783 – Total Number of staff: 6
- While we do not have a total number of people served in 2022, we have several new and eager staff members bringing us to a total of 9 again at the beginning of 2022! We look forward to returning to delivering service in person this year.
BLC is becoming more and more efficient and effective in how we administer our funds. Here are some suggestions of gifts you can make:
- $50 donation will help BLC deliver trainings to community advocates
- $100 will support one 1-hour of legal service at a homeless shelter
- $250 will support one day of advocacy in our Justice Bus
- $500 will bring culturally relevant legal advice to clients at partner locations
- $1,000 will support one day of advocacy on the Justice Bus
- $2,500 will help one client at a Social Security hearing
- $7,000 will pay the rent for BLC for one month
- $10,000 will pay for the Mobile Legal Unit for one month