LOL will be held on a virtual platform called Hopin. If you haven’t had a chance to register and fill out your profile card, please do so here: https://hopin.to/events/lol-for-blc-2020. You will want to do this before doors open at 5:00PM.
We want you to get the most out of your virtual experience at LOL, so here is a quick rundown to help you prepare:
How to Enter LOL for BLC:
- Log on to Hopin on a computer if you can (chrome is the best browser to use — you may experience problems if you are not using Chrome, so please take a moment to download the browser now)
- Please click on the link you received with your registration, or the link you received from Hopin 24 hours before the event begins
- Click Join Event (or get tickets, then join event – this will happen if you are on a phone, not a computer)
- Enter your contact information to get started: First Name, Last Name, Email Address and create a password. Check the “Terms and Conditions” Checkbox, and hit “Sign Up”
- You’re In! Click on the “Create A Profile” to enter your information for other attendees to see. Please upload a photo of yourself as well. If the event hasn’t started yet, you will see a countdown of how long before the event begins
- To navigate the software, view the column on the left side of the page. From there, you can go from sessions, to stage, or back to reception by clicking on each icon
- Make sure to click “Join Audio and video” so that your mic and camera start each time you move to different sessions
We created this video to give you a glimpse of what to expect during the event.
Navigating around Hopin
As referenced in the video above, Hopin has three different spaces we will be using: Reception, Stage, Sessions.
Reception: When you register and join the event, you will be directed to the Reception area. From there, you can see our sponsors and the schedule for the evening.
Sessions: If you were invited to LOL by a table captain, click on the sessions tab. From there, you will be able to scroll through the list of tables until you see the name of your table captain. Click on their table, then click the blue button that says “Join Audio and Video” so your camera and audio will appear with the other folks who have clicked on the table. You are not restricted to one table, feel free to click the “Sessions” button on the left column again, and go and visit the other sessions.
Stage: Our program will begin at 5:30PM. You will see “LIVE” in red pop up when it is time to switch over to the stage to watch the program. Click there, and your video will close and you will be able to start watching our program.
|5:00-5:30PM||Reception — If you were invited to LOL for BLC by a table captain, you can visit their table during the reception portion of the evening. On the left hand side, click on the “Sessions” Tab. Once there, scroll to find the name of your Table Captain. Click on their table, and your video and audio will appear with the other attendees who are sitting at the table with you. To enable your camera and microphone, click the “Join Audio & Camera” button.
Once there, you can also chat with them in the “chat box” located on the right side of the screen.
|5:30PM-6:20PM||Program — Our program will begin at 5:30PM and will run approximately 45 minutes. At 5:30PM, table captains will ask you to move to the stage area to view our program. Please click on the “Stage” button on the left hand side. Your video will close, and our live streaming will begin.
|6:25-8:00PM||After Party (optional) – Our program will begin at 5:30pm and will end by 6:30pm. Once our program is over, you are welcome to go back to the “Sessions” tab, and rejoin your table for an LOL after party
If you are having trouble navigating the event in any way, we will have tech support ready and waiting to hear from you and answer your questions. You can contact them in three different ways:
- By joining their Table in the sessions section. Scroll down, and click on “Tech Support Table”
- By calling them at 206-686-7252 x101
- Tech Sessions will be available throughout the whole event. Feel free to always hop back to sessions to check in with a tech volunteer who will help you out.
- You can make a donation at any time
By Clicking on this link: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/seattle-community-law-center/lol-for-blc-a-comedy-event-for-economic-justice [Hint: We will also drop this link into the chat box]
By texting ‘BLCCARES’ to 44321
- It is best to view our program on a computer. Chrome is the best browser to use.
- It is best not to use an external monitor
- Is your video slow, or are you buffering? The group you are in may be too big, try switching to another session.
Please reach out to Shannon Wong at email@example.com or 206-686-7252 x112. Thank you for your support!