Spring Into Action will be held on a virtual platform called Hopin. If you haven’t had a chance to register and fill out your profile card, please do so here: https://hopin.com/events/spring-into-action-2021.
You will want to do this before doors open at 5:30PM.
We want you to get the most out of your virtual experience at Spring Into Action, so here is a quick rundown to help you prepare:
How to Enter Spring Into Action:
- Log on to Hopin on a computer if you can (chrome is the best browser to use — you may experience problems if you are not using Chrome, so please take a moment to download the browser now)
- Please click on the link you received with your registration, or the link you received from Hopin 24 hours before the event begins
- Click Join Event (or get tickets, then join event – this will happen if you are on a phone, not a computer)
- Enter your contact information to get started: First Name, Last Name, Email Address and create a password. Check the “Terms and Conditions” Checkbox, and hit “Sign Up”
- You’re In! Click on the “Create A Profile” to enter your information for other attendees to see. Please upload a photo of yourself as well. If the event hasn’t started yet, you will see a countdown of how long before the event begins
- To navigate the software, view the column on the left side of the page. From there, you can go from sessions, to stage, or back to reception by clicking on each icon
- You do not need to click the “Join Audio and Video” to participate. Feel free to drop any questions you have in the chat on the right.
We created this video to give you a glimpse of what to expect during the event.
Navigating around Hopin
As referenced in the video above, Hopin has three different spaces we will be using: Reception, Stage, Sessions.
Reception: When you register and join the event, you will be directed to the Reception area. From there, you can see our sponsors and the schedule for the evening.
Sessions: From 5:30pm-6:00pm, BLC Advocates will be presenting on the various topics. To learn more about the topics, click here. To join a presentation, click on the “Sessions” tab. From there, you will be able to scroll through the list of topics. Click on session with the topic that interests you. You are encouraged to watch the presentation, and ask questions in the chat box on the right hand side. You do not need to press “Join Audio and Video” — if you do, your video will appear next to the presenters. You are not restricted to one session, feel free to click the “Sessions” button on the left column again, and go and visit the other topics.
Stage: Our program will begin at 6:00PM. The Session presenters will tell you when it is time to switch over to the stage to watch the program. Click on the “Stage” button, and your video will close and you will be able to start watching our program.
5:30 PM | Reception
- Click on this link to go to Spring Into Action on Hopin.
- Register by including your first name, last name, emall and a password.
- If you attended LOL for BLC, or any other event on Hopin, click “Sign In” Instead
- Once you register or sign in, click “Join Event”
5:30PM-6:00PM | Sessions — BLC Advocate Presentations
- From 5:30PM-6:00PM, BLC Advocates will be presenting in the “Sessions Tabs.” Click here to learn more about the different topics
- Click on the session of the topic that is most interesting to you
- You do not need to share your “Audio and Video”
- Please drop any questions you may have in the chat on the right hand side
6:00-6:30PM | Stage – Spring Into Action Program
- Our program will begin at 6:00PM and last 30 minutes
- Once our program is over, you are welcome to go back to the “Sessions” tab to ask more questions
- You can create your own session with with your group of friends. Click the “Session” tab, and click the “Create a Session” in the top right corner
If you are having trouble navigating the event in any way, we will have tech support ready and waiting to hear from you and answer your questions. You can contact them in three different ways:
- By joining their Table in the sessions section. Scroll down, and click on “Tech Support Table”
- By calling them at 206-686-7252 x112
- Tech Sessions will be available throughout the whole event. Feel free to always hop back to sessions to check in with a tech volunteer who will help you out.
- You can make a donation at any time
By Clicking on this link: Donate Now | Spring Into Action 2021 by Benefits Law Center (givelively.org) [Hint: We will also drop this link into the chat box]
By texting ‘BLCCARES’ to 44321
- It is best to view our program on a computer. Chrome is the best browser to use.
- It is best not to use an external monitor
- Is your video slow, or are you buffering? The group you are in may be too big, try switching to another session.
Please reach out to Shannon Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-686-7252 x112. Thank you for your support!